Emerging Leader Program (ELP)
Developing Leadership Skills for the 21st Century
The Great Lakes Leadership Academy Emerging Leader Program is designed for potential and current leaders seeking continuing professional development. The program focuses on developing individual and organizational leadership skills, and applying those skills in a collaborative fashion to the common issues of diverse communities.
The Emerging Leader Program offers:
- A 7-month program of individual and organizational leadership skills development
- Three 4-day sessions
- Collaborative real-world team projects outside of the classroom
- Practical leadership and decision-making tools that will help you become a more successful leader
- Tools for leading across differences and bringing emotional wellness to your leadership role
- A network of professional individuals and organizations to share ideas and create solutions
- A professional mentor relationship with GLLA alumni that will cultivate professional growth
- Ongoing networking, training, and support of alumni
Emerging Leader Program participants will be given the opportunity to learn how to cultivate mentoring relationships. A mentor selected from program alumni will motivate and inspire leadership growth opportunities, and model the development of long-term, powerful relationships with professionals who may strongly influence your leadership skills and your life.
Cultivating Leadership for Michigan
A cohort of 24 diverse participants is recruited every year. The selection process includes a written application, three letters of reference, and a personal interview with a team of GLLA staff and alumni.